Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

  • Home
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a homeowners association?

A homeowners association, also known as a Common Interest Development (CID), is the non-profit entity under which community governance structure is established and operated. Associations are established with the intent of protecting the community assets instituting prudent physical and financial maintenance practices. Decisions concerning association operations are made by a volunteer Board of Directors elected by the community residents during the annual membership meeting.

What is the role of the managing agent?

As the Board of Directors is comprised of volunteers, it is generally a good idea as fiduciary for an entire group of homeowners to hire a managing agent specializing in homeowners association operations. Professional management firms possess knowledge of changing legislation affecting non-profit corporations and understand fiscal as well as physical management requirements of these entities. The scope of services provided by a managing agent will vary based on the needs of each homeowner association. Contractual management duties may include preparation of financial statements, collection of dues, coordination with maintenance vendors, bid and proposal acquisition.

Do I have to belong to the Trinidad Island Homeowners Association and pay the monthly assessment?

All persons owning a unit or lot within the Trinidad Island Homeowners Association community automatically become a member of the Trinidad Island and are required to pay the monthly assessment. Non-payment could result in a lien against the home.

What does the monthly assessment pay for?

The monthly dues assessment covers the operation, maintenance and repairs for which the Association is obligated, per the Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions(CC&R’s). Items such as insurance, taxes, water, electricity, landscaping services, street sweeping, janitorial and even pest control are just a few of the items covered by dues. Dues also cover the funding of reserves which are applied to future repair or replacement of major components for which the Association is responsible, such as roofing, painting, and street repair in a condominium development. A budget summary is mailed to each homeowner on an annual basis outlining where dues are spent.

Where do I send my dues check?
Please make all checks payable to Trinidad Island Homeowners Association and mail to c/o:

Keystone Pacific Property Management
PO BOX 513380
Los Angeles, CA 90051-3380
Can I pay my Association dues electronically?

Yes! Keystone Pacific Property Management has an ACH program where we debit your checking or savings account the second business day of each month. If you’re interested, please fill out the Automated Payment Form today and then submit the form to management. Save money and time!

How can I report a non-compliance or violation?

Report a violation by completing the Non-Compliance/Violation Form and then submit the report to management. Please be sure to list in detailed: the Association name, nature of the non-compliance, dates and time (if applicable), property area in non-compliance, and the best method to contact you.

I’m not able to log onto this website. What do I need to do?

Several areas of this community website have been secured and will require you to log in to view the secured pages. Please log in using your account online email address and password. If you have not registered to use The KPPM Connection, please register here first.

If you’re having trouble remembering your password, please click here to retrieve your password via email.

If you’re having trouble logging in, please contact Customer Care by phone at (949) 833-2600 or by email at [email protected].

Where can I get architectural application?

You may retrieve an application from this website under the "Architectural, Governing Docs, & Rules" page or contact Keystone at 949-833-2600.

Do I need approval to make modifications to my home?

Yes, you will need to secure architectural approval before completing any home improvements (including painting, landscape, hardscape, roof, windows, etc.) Please review the Trinidad Island Homeowners Association Architectural Guidelines on the Trinidad Island website in the Architectural, Governing Docs, & Rules section. The user ID and password are listed in the Community Newsletter. Please note you will need to submit your complete application along with Neighbor Awareness Form and 3 copies of plans, brochures and/or color pictures attached to your application.

Do I need approval if I am painting the exterior of my home the same paint color?

Yes, you still need to secure approval before painting the existing colors. Please remember when you submit your architectural application you will need to include paint chip samples and also notate on your application where the paint will be placed on the home.

When does the Architectural Review Committee meet to review the architectural applications?

The Architectural Review Committee meets on an as needed basis. The Architectural Review Committee has 30 days to provide a response to an architectural submission.

Does Trinidad Island have pre-approved paint colors?

No, they are custom paint colors, but they also have a custom palette scheme book that was developed by a Color Consultant for assistance. Palette book is available by contacting Keystone.

Who do I contact in regards to the common area landscape work order requests?

Please contact Keystone at 949-833-2600.

Can my Contractor work on Sunday?

As many of our owners are getting busy with home repairs and modifications, please take note that as a courtesy to all our neighbors there is no contractor work allowed on Sundays or major holidays unless emergency in nature. Should you need to review the community's guidelines in depth, they are available in the Architectural, Governing Docs, & Rules section. The user ID and password are listed in the Community Newsletter.

Can the Association do anything about the dog that is always barking in our neighborhood?

This is considered a neighbor to neighbor issue and the Association may not get involved. We recommend speaking with your neighbor directly. You can also contact Animal Control Services to assist you at http://ocpetinfo.com/services/nuisance or via phone at 714-796-6442.

What can the Association do regarding the cars that are always parking on the street?

Please feel free to contact the City of Huntington Beach at 714-536-5511 5511 as the City owns and maintains and enforces codes.

Does the Association replace the mailboxes?

No, homeowners are required to submit an architectural application and secure approval from the Architectural Review Committee before replacing their mailbox. Per Architectural Guidelines page 7 Item - N.

Where can I obtain a Dock Key? What is the cost?

Please send a check made payable to Trinidad Island Homeowners Association in the amount of $10.00. Please notate your dock number in the memo section of the check. Please mail the check to:

Attn: Jacquelyn Barlow
16775 Von Karman, Suite 100
Irvine, CA 92606

Who do I report if a dock light is not working properly?

Please contact Keystone at 949-833-2600 or process a maintenance request and we will issue a work order to our licensed vendor to make the repair.

Do you have a vendor to help me with Dingy Dock installation/repairs?

Yes, please feel free to contact the following company:


Southshore Marine - Cisco - 714-401-6427


Please note once you have the specifications from the vendor you will be required to submit an architectural application minus the Neighbor Awareness Form to the offices of Keystone Pacific Property Management. Once the completed application and plans are received we will send it to the Dock Committee for their review and decision.

Does the Association have dingy docks for rent?

 The Association does not have any dingy docks.

Does the Association have a list of docks available for rent or sale or know how much I should rent my dock for?

The Association does not keep a list of docks for rent or sale. Please feel free to walk the marina and look for signs indicating docks available for rent/sale or check local on-line sites. The price will be determined between the two parties. The Association does not set the rent dock fee. Please note that any dock rental must be to another Trinidad Island resident. NO RENTALS FOR NON-COMMUNITY RESIDENTS!

Where do our Associations Dues Go?

his is a question often asked by homeowners in an Association. In summary, your assessments pay the costs to run a nonprofit, mutual benefit corporation. The collected funds pay for the administration needs of the business, such as insurance, accounting, annual audits, legal expenses, tax filings, banking, membership mailings, delinquent assessment collections, as well as the physical maintenance of the monument, tot lot, marina dock maintenance, common area park, including landscape maintenance, tree trimming, irrigation repair and maintenance, landscape replacement, irrigation water and electrical power.

In addition, the corporation is required by State Legislature to set aside a specific portion of the assessments in a Reserve Account to fund the repair and maintenance of capital improvements, such as entry monuments, irrigation controllers, wall and fence maintenance/replacement, etc..